Gateway to NUCALA can help you understand the insurance process for covering NUCALA. You may also contact the specialty pharmacy, or patient’s payer directly.
Gateway to NUCALA English enrollment form
Gateway to NUCALA Spanish enrollment form
Initiate a benefits investigation
Verify benefits by working with Gateway to NUCALA or contacting the payer directly. Benefits investigations do not guarantee coverage. If your patient is not enrolled in Gateway to NUCALA, please complete the enrollment form above.
If the patient will receive treatment at an alternative site of care (ASOC):
Consult the patient’s insurance or contact Gateway to NUCALA to identify an appropriate ASOC. Work with the ASOC to determine responsibility for benefits investigation and prior authorization.
Prior authorization (PA)
- Determine any PA requirements. Gateway to NUCALA can provide PA support for enrolled patients. Gateway to NUCALA cannot complete PA forms or submit related information to plans.
- Obtain needed forms from the patient’s plan
- Follow up with the patient’s plan to determine PA submission status if requested
- CoverMyMeds® offers electronic PA forms for NUCALA and is free to use. Call 1-866-452-5017 or visit covermymeds.com
CoverMyMeds developed and maintains the website and is responsible for its content. Neither GSK nor CoverMyMeds can guarantee success in obtaining third-party coverage or reimbursement. It is always the healthcare provider's responsibility to provide and submit accurate and complete information. Providers should contact prescription health plans for specific information on their coding, coverage, and payment policies.
All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. CoverMyMeds and GSK are not affiliated entities.
Important Notice: Information regarding CoverMyMeds is brought to you as a courtesy of GSK.
- If PA is denied, and you feel that NUCALA is appropriate for your patient, you can consider an appeal
- Gateway to NUCALA can help you and your patient understand the appeals process
- See below for sample letters of appeal and medical necessity